SCCM Update Deployment Issues
A good place to start troubleshooting Update Deployment within SCCM is to look in to the many logs that it has available. Determining which log to look at can be quite harrowing, so here is the a list of logs that can help identify any issues when deploying Updates from SCCM 2012.
Server Side Software Update Logs:
- SUPsetup.log – Installation of SUP Site Role.
- WCM.log, WSUSCtrl.log – Configuration of WSUS Server/SUP.
- WSyncMgr.log – SMS/WSUS Updates Synchronization Issues.
- Objreplmgr.log – Policy Issues for Update Assignments/CI Version Info policies.
- RuleEngine.log – Auto Deployment Rules.
Client Side Software Update Logs:
- UpdatesDeployment.log – Deployments, SDK, UX.
- UpdatesHandler.log – Updates, Download.
- ScanAgent.log – Online/Offline scans, WSUS location requests.
- WUAHandler.log – Update status (missing/installed – verbose logging), WU interaction.
- UpdatesStore.log – Update status (missing/installed).
- indirWindowsUpdate.log – Scanning/Installation of updates.
Hopefully these logs will help you troubleshoot Update Deployment from within SCCM. Click these links to see how you can create a SCCM Automatic Deployment Rule for your Microsoft Updates and SCEP Definition Updates to help you automate your update and definitions deployments.