How to use SnapShot Master
Virtual Machines Functions
Under the Virtual Machines menu, you can perform tasks to single or multiple VMs.
Right click on any of the virtual machines and you are presented with the Right Click Menu.
For a single VM, the various functions available to you within the Right Click Menu are;
- Ping Virtual Machine
- Ping Virtualisation Host
- Take a Snapshot of the Virtual Machine
- Manage that Virtual Machine’s Snapshots
- Delete all the Virtual Machine’s Snapshots
- Power on Virtual Machine
- Power off Virtual Machine
- Remote Desktop
- Remote Powershell
- Computer Management
For multiple VMs, you use the checkboxes on the right hand side of the SnapShot Master console and select the VMs you wish to perform a function to.
For multiple VMs, the various functions available to you within the Right Click Menu are;
- Take a Snapshot of all the Selected Virtual Machines
- Delete all Selected Virtual Machine’s Snapshots
- Delete all Selected Virtual Machine’s Snapshots except most recent
- Delete all Selected Virtual Machine’s Snapshots larger than
- Power on all Selected Virtual Machines
- Power off all Selected Virtual Machines
- Shutdown all Selected Virtual Machines
- Restart all Selected Virtual Machines
- Revert all Selected Virtual Machines to Most Recent Snapshot
- Revert all Selected Virtual Machines to the Oldest Snapshot
Taking a Virtual Machine Snapshot
You can select either a single or multiple VMs for the Snapshot function. give the Snapshot a Name and Description to make it easily identifiable when and what this snapshot was for. You have the options of taking a snapshot of the Virtual Machine’s memory and taking a Quiesce of the Guest File System as well. Click OK when ready.
Now choose whether you wish the run this snapshot job now (Execute Now), or schedule it for a later time (Schedule Job). In this example, I will schedule the snapshots so I selected Schedule Job.
You can enter in a Note should you so wish. Skip if you dont need any notes, or type in a note then click OK.
You are now prompted to create a Schedule Task. Press OK to continue.
Now we need to create a schedule for this job. Click on New in the scheduling window.
Select a Date and Time that you wish the function to perform then click on OK.
Now the scheduled job is completed and will run according to the schedule you have set.