By default, within SCCM, the client evaluation settings for available software updates is set to 7 days. If machines have issues with an update deployment, they wont check again for available updates until the next 7 days has passed.
To change this setting to become more frequent and have your client machines check in more frequently, create a custom device setting and deploy this to your devices.
- In your SCCM Management console, go to Administration then to Client Settings
- “Create Custom Device Setting”
- Give a descriptive name ie “Software Update Reevaluation Daily”
- Check the box on the right for “software updates”
- now select Software Updates.
- Change the setting “Software Deployment Re Evaluation” from every 7 days to every 1 days – Change this setting to however long you would like it to be.
- Click OK.
- Right-click and deploy this to whatever collection of machines you wish. ie “All Systems, All Workstations etc”
Know which logs are used to troubleshoot issues with software updates for SCCM.